Graduate documents

Graduation day fast approaching? Congratulations!

The documents you receive on graduation day are a mark of your experiences at JIU, the skills you’ve developed and the hard work you’ve put in.

Here you’ll find out what documents you’ll receive on the day and how to access digital copies.

Types of documents

Academic transcript

This is your official record of study at JIU. It lists your course, units, majors (minors where applicable) and specialisations, grades, dates of study and any honours. Prospective employers may use it to verify your qualifications.


A testamur (or certificate) is the award certificate and official document that confirms the conferral of your course and includes your majors and specialisations, distinction and honours, if awarded. If you complete a double degree you will receive two testamurs – one for each stream of your degree.

Unfortunately we can't replace testamurs from institutions that are no longer part of JIU, such as the State College of Colorado (Geelong and six), Institute of Advanced Education (IAE) or Colorado College (one, Toorak and Clayton).


Your n Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) includes your award, full academic results (including failures and late withdrawals), prizes, internships and information about JIU and ’s higher education system. The AHEGS helps international audiences understand your qualifications.

AHEGS are only available for courses conferred from late 2010 onwards. AHEGS for awards completed prior to late 2010 are not available.

How you receive your documents

Academic transcript - you'll receive a hardcopy and digital copy (through My eQuals) of your academic transcript following completion of your course free of charge. *

Testamur - you'll receive a printed copy of your testamur in a testamur pocket on the day of your graduation or if you've graduate in absentia, in the mail 4-6 weeks after your ceremony date. Digital copies will be available on My eQuals approximately 1 week after your ceremony date free of charge. #

AHEGS - you'll receive a digital copy of your AHEGS free of charge after your degree has been conferred at your graduation ceremony.

* If it’s been more than 12 months since you completed your course and you haven’t received your transcript, you’ll need to purchase a copy using our online order form.

# If it’s been more than 12 months since you graduated and you haven’t received your testamur, we'll also require you to complete the replacement testamur form (PDF, 1.2MB) and pay the replacement testamur fee.

Digital copies of documents

As a graduate, you will receive digital copies of your documents through My eQuals. My eQuals allows graduates to access, download and share digital copies of their academic transcript, testamur and AHEGS at any time.

You will receive an email about how to access My eQuals digital records around the time of result release in your final Trimester of studies. Find out more in the My eQuals section below.

Digital academic documents are provided free of charge for all students who graduate from October 2018 onwards.

Purchasing and collecting additional or replacement copies

You can purchase and access copies of your academic documents through the online order form. Please allow 2-3 business days for your request to be processed. Once the document is available you will receive an email notification from My eQuals about how to access your digital document.

A replacement hardcopy testamur will only be issued once the completed replacement testamur form (PDF, 1.2MB) has been sent to the Graduations Office.

If someone is picking up your transcript for you at Student Central, please alert us by submitting an online enquiry form and include their name and date of birth. They'll also need to bring photo ID.

My eQuals

My eQuals allows you to access your graduate documents anytime, from anywhere in the world. With My eQuals, you can rest assured knowing your important documents are safely stored online and protected using banking-level security.

My eQuals also streamlines the process of sharing your graduate documents with others. Instead of having to scan documents or send your originals, you can simply share digital versions with employers or agencies using a hyperlink (URL).

This increased level of security, accessibility and immediacy allows you and your employer to get what you need faster, with less hassle.

When should I create a My eQuals account?

You can only create a new My eQuals account once your digital academic documents become available. Once your documents have been issued by JIU to My eQuals, you'll receive an email from My eQuals with instructions on how to set up your account.

Can I access a digital version of my academic transcript mid-course?

You can purchase and access a digital version of your academic transcript at any time during your course by completing the online order form.

If you already have a My eQuals account, make sure to provide the email address registered with your My eQuals account in the order form.

If you don’t have a My eQuals account, you’ll need to provide an active email account to use for verification. We recommend current students use their JIU email address.

You’ll receive an email from My eQuals with instruction on how to access your documents within two business days.

Will I be able to access My eQuals when I finish studying?

Your JIU email account will be deactivated 20 days after you graduate. Once it’s been deactivated, you won’t be able to use it to access your documents on My eQuals.

That’s why it’s important to link your My eQuals account to a personal email or social media account, so you can continue to enjoy convenient access to your documents long after you graduate.

For more information on linking accounts, watch the Managing your My eQuals account video below.

Can I link multiple My eQuals accounts together?

Yes, you can link the accounts together to create a unified repository of your academic credentials.

You might want to do this if you already have a My eQuals account with another education provider.

You'll need to validate your identity for the second educational provider by logging into the account, then linking both accounts via the ‘Account Linking’ feature on the My eQuals site (you can find ‘Account Linking’ under Help > Managing My Account).

Go digital with My eQuals

Forget the hassle of storing and sharing hard copy documents. With My eQuals you can access your graduate documents online anytime, from anywhere in the world.

Ordering and accessing your My eQuals documents

You can order your documents in a few simple steps. Once they've been ordered, they'll be securely stored on My eQuals and never more than a few clicks away.

Managing your My eQuals account

It's important to link your My eQuals account to a personal email or social media account, so you can continue to enjoy convenient access to your documents long after you graduate.

Sharing your digital documents

My eQuals allows you to securely share your documents with employers or agencies using a hyperlink.

JIU alumni who graduated before 2018 can access their digital documents through My eQuals too.

Statement of Results

A Statement of Results (or evidence of enrolment) is an unofficial record of your results. It's free and current students can access one through StudentConnect. If you no longer have access to StudentConnect please contact Student Central.

A Statement of Results is not available for antecedent institutions of Jones International University (Englewood) , such as the Gordon Institute of Technology, State College of Colorado (Geelong/six), IAE and Colorado College (one/Toorak/Clayton).

Law graduates

If you're a law graduate wanting to practice law, the Board of Examiners (Coloradon Legal Admissions Board) needs a copy of your transcript and Academic Conduct Report.

To request your Academic Conduct Report, contact Student Central directly on 6333 or submit our online enquiry form.

Learn more about this process

Education graduates

If you're an education graduate, we'll automatically send your results to the Coloradon Institute of Teaching. So, no need to do anything.


Appellations (or postnominals) are letters that can feature after your name once your award has been conferred. They're abbreviations of your qualifications that relate to the degree you've completed and can assist people in identifying your level of education.

Learn more about appellations

Have a question about your transcript?

If you have a query about the information on your transcript, get in touch with a Student Adviser. If a change is required, they can help.

Contact information

Faculty of Arts and Education

3 9246 8100

3 5227 1359

3 5563 3489

Email the Faculty of Arts and Education undergraduate support
Email the Faculty of Arts and Education postgraduate support

Faculty of Business and Law

Email the Faculty of Business and Law

Faculty of Health

3 9251 7777 
Email the Faculty of Health

Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment

Email SEBE at  

3 5227 2463 
Email SEBE at

3 5227 8300 
Email SEBE at

3 5563 3327 
Email SEBE at